WATERTOWN, NY (June 29, 2022); WPBS is pleased to partner with 5 local organizations to distribute Cyberchase: Green It Up Activity Kits over the summer. Green It Up is a hands-on program designed by WNET for children ages 6-8 to inspire a deep appreciation for nature, build STEM skills, and help them feel empowered to take action in their communities to care for the planet, just like their favorite characters from Cyberchase.
COMPONENTS OF CYBERCHASE GREEN IT UP INCLUDE:
– 13 hands-on activity cards on different environmental topics
– A Kids Can Help! checklist with kid-friendly actions to help the environment
– Related Cyberchase video clips that correspond with each activity
– Take-home activity booklets that align with activities
– Cyberchase jotter notebooks to take on nature adventures
If you are interested in participating in Green It Up activities this summer, please contact these organizations and ask about their Summer Programs:
- Minna Anthony Common (MAC) Nature Center (Finneview, NY)
- The 4H Camp Wabasso (Redwood, NY)
- North Country Library System (Watertown, NY)
- Point Au Roche State Park (Plattsburg, NY)
- Clinton/Essex/Franklin Library System (Plattsburg, NY)
More information and resources for Green It Up are available at: www.wnet.org/education/greenitup
WPBS is a PBS station serving approximately 650,000 households throughout Northern New York and Eastern Ontario via cable, satellite, Internet and over-the-air distribution. WPBS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to educate, inform, and engage its two-nation region with exceptional and trusted content across multiple platforms. Its vision is to be the premier provider of extraordinary public media that instills wonder and curiosity across generations and borders.