Wednesday, December 3rd is the International Day of People With Disabilities, and it is especially important and meaningful this year. During the COVID-19 pandemic people with disabilities have been disproportionately affected. In addition to greater susceptibility to the virus, the isolation, disrupted routines and diminished services caused by COVID have greatly impacted the lives and mental well-being of people with disabilities globally.
WPBS has scheduled a full day of programming focusing on the lives of people with disabilities and promoting greater understanding and inclusion – which benefits everyone, not just the 1 in 5 of us with disabilities. The program lineup is as follows:
- 8:00 am – Peg + Cat – THE POLKA DOT PLANET PROBLEM/THE MARDI GRAS PROBLEM
- 8:30 am – Xavier Riddle – I AM HELEN KELLER/I AM ALEXANDER GRAHAM BELL
- 11:30 am – Arthur – PRUNELLA’S SPECIAL EDITION/THE SECRET LIFE OF DOGS
- 1:30 pm – Chef Darren
- 2:00 pm – Touching the Sound
- 3:00 pm – Hearts of Glass
- 4:00 pm – 4 Wheel Bob
- 5:00 pm – The Life Autistic collection
Tune in to WPBS on Wednesday, December 2nd and join us in marking this important occasion.