The following steps illustrate the Passport activation process from beginning to end. You can activate your PBS Passport account from your desktop computer or laptop using the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
- Learn how to activate Passport on Roku
- Learn how to activate Passport on Apple TV
- Learn how to activate Passport on Amazon Fire
A video overview of the Passport activation process is also available below.
After you have received an email from PBS, click Click Here to Activate Now(Figure 1).
- You are directed to an activation screen where you should be automatically localized to your preferred station. The logo designates the station to which you are localized. (Learn how to change your station)
- Click the checkbox stating that you allow PBS to share your viewing history (Figure 2). * Please note that you must check this box to continue with the Passport activation process.
- Click Confirm (Figure 3).
- Your activation is complete. Click Get Started to begin watching Passport content (Figure 4).
- Passport content is designated by a blue “compass rose” icon. The icon also appears next to your name, indicating that you are logged in and can view Passport videos.
If you do not see the blue Passport icon () next to your name, you have not completed the activation process or you have not signed in with the same email address you used when you activated your Passport member benefit. Think of any other email addresses you may have used and try signing in with those until you see the blue Passport icon next to your name.