Communications & Digital Coordinator
WPBS-TV is the PBS affiliate serving the North Country and Eastern Ontario from our production and broadcast facility in Watertown, NY. PBS is a world leader in quality media content offering some of the finest children’s programs, documentaries, drama series, arts performance programming and educational/how-to series – all available on television and a wide range of digital platforms. We are seeking a dynamic, digital-savvy, and innovative colleague in the role of Communications & Digital Coordinator. This full-time position is responsible for communications activities on behalf of WPBS including social media marketing, advertising, media relations, and marketing campaigns.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Acquire, modify and publish existing digital content and assets from PBS and other sources to promote national and local productions.
2. Post/publish content on all social media platforms used by the organization, on a frequent and consistent basis, so as to maintain a strong online voice through social media. Engage with organizations and individuals online, responding to comments and questions. Use analytics tools to track trends and targets for usage of WPBS social media platforms and provide reports to management on that usage.
3. Develop tactics to build awareness of the programming content offered on WPBS-TV, digital platforms and subchannels (Create, World and PBS Kids 24/7) and deploy successful marketing campaigns – using a variety of tools including e-newsletters, email marketing, and direct mail.
4. Experiment with organic and paid acquisition channels using content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, lead generation campaigns, etc.
5. Write copy and create valuable and engaging content to support communications and marketing efforts, including newsletters, website copy, brochures, press releases. and post on social media platforms, print materials and WPBS website Support sales and membership development efforts.
6. Maintain digital databases of key audiences and oversee distribution strategies through e-mail marketing.
7. Write and distribute press releases. Maintain and grow media contacts list. Respond to media inquiries and maintain relationships with journalists and other members of the press.
8. Stay up to date with developments in digital/social media and within the PBS system.