VITAL New York
VITAL: Video In Teaching and Learning
A free online multimedia library of public broadcasting resources for New York State Schools.
- Math, ELA, science and social studies for grades pre-K-8;
- Resources designed to promote middle school literacy;
- Regents-aligned resources in Global History and Geography, U.S. History, Living Environment, Earth Science, Physics and Chemistry;
- Tools that let you save and organize resources to share with students and colleagues.
- Videos can be played in full, or broken down by smaller clips (no ﾓfast-forwardingﾔ to the portion you want to show)
- Videos accompanied by Teacher Guides and Black Line Masters
- "This Day in History" calendar with correlating video clips to commemorate events in history. Teachers simply click a date to view events and video titles.
- Image library
VITAL NY is an online library of more than 1,000 free media resources from the best in public television. These classroom resources, featuring media from NOVA, Frontline, Design Squad, American Experience, and other public broadcasting and content partners are easy to use and correlate to state and national standards. VITAL NY resources include video and audio segments, Flash interactives, images, documents, and student-oriented activities. Once you register, you can personalize the site using "My Folders" and "My Groups" to save your favorite resources into a folder and share them with your friends.
Support Our Sponsors