Ready Set Fun Bookfest
MAY 7th, 2016
10am - 1pmBruce M. Wright Memorial Conference Center
1291 Faichney Drive in Watertown
This year will mark the 20th year for the most successful and largest educational event in our area-Ready, Set, Fun Bookfest! WPBS-DT is excited to announce our return to last year's great location, the Bruce M. Wright Memorial Conference Center.
Each year over 1,500 children and parents join WPBS, our community vendors and local children's authors for this literacy focused, hands on event. Admission to this event is the donation of a canned good or non-perishable food item. This year, collected items will be going to the food bank at the Community Action Planning Council of Jefferson County (CAPC). Check back on our website as we will post more information as it is confirmed. Please plan on joining us on May 7th for the 20th Annual Ready, Set, Fun Bookfest!
Sponsored in Part By:
- City of Watertown Fire Prevention
- Martin's Point Healthcare
- Cornell University
- Fun Xcape
- Jefferson County Youth Advocate Program
- Jefferson Campus Care
- The Childrens Home of Jefferson County
- The Reading Room
- North County Family Health Center
- Fort Drum Child, Youth and School Service
- Community Action Planning Council- Jefferson-Lewis Childcare Project
- North Country Prenatal/ Perinatal Council
- North Country Libraries (NCLS & Flower Memorial)
- Benchmark Family Services
- Jefferson County Public Health Service
- Jefferson County Sheriff Operation Safe Child
- Minna Anthony Common Nature Center
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- Watertown Police Department
- Literacy of Northern New York, Inc.
- Community Action Head Start & UPK
1pm - 2:30pm
Join us after the Ready, Set, Fun Bookfest for a Pizza Palooza with your favorite PBS Kids Characters! Enjoy a special meet and greet with Curious George, Cookie Monster, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Woofster and Cat in the Hat! This hour long event includes a pizza lunch, activities, photo ops and a movie! Tickets are $ 5.00 per person, children under a year old are free.
This is an Operation Yellow Ribbon Event! Active duty service member and dependents recieve $ 1.00 off the admission price!
Sponsored in Part By:
Please fill out the form below to submit your name to our list of volunteers and receive periodic information regarding volunteer opportunities at WPBS-DT
Required fields are marked with a star (*). Click the 'Submit' button at the bottom of this form to proceed.
Support Our Sponsors